At contemporary-dance.org we are dedicated to protecting your data and privacy.
We recognize that your privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use contemporary-dance.org, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. This will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
contemporary-dance.org strives to maintain the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in all our operations. Likewise, we are dedicated to protecting our customers' and online visitors' privacy on our website.
About Our Cookies
contemporary-dance.org uses information from Google Analytics to track the number of visits to the website, browsers and operating systems. No personally identifiable information is obtained from these cookies. We use the information that Google Analytics generates relating to our website to create reports about the use of the site. These reports allow us to update the site and improve your usage of it.
If you do not wish your data to be collected via Google Analytics, you can install its opt-out browser extension or add-on... https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
You may opt out of personalized ads for over 125 different ad networks. Click here to do that.
Some third-party advertisements are served by Google. Google's cookie enables it to serve ads to our visitors based on their visits to other sites on the Web. You may opt out of personalized ads by visiting the Google ad opt-out page.
This link from Google provides more information about how Google manages data in its ad products.
You can set your browser to accept or refuse all cookies automatically, or notify you when a cookie is being requested. Taking this action should not cause a problem with the continued use of our site. Consult the Help section of your browser for guidance on how to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is requested.
If you choose to refuse contemporary-dance.org 's cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the site.
Personally Identifiable Information
contemporary-dance.org may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
● To run and operate our site.
● To display content on the site correctly.
● To improve customer service.
● To help us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
● To personalize your user experience.
● To understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
● To improve our site.
● To improve our products and services.
● To run a promotion, contest, survey or other site feature.
● To send information to you that you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
● To send periodic emails, which may include electronic newsletters and/or autoresponder series of emails.
● To respond to your enquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
contemporary-dance.org may collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our site, register on the site, or fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site.
Specifically, if you subscribe to our newsletter, we will ask for your first name and will require your email address.
If you complete a form, we will require your name and your email address, and will ask for information relevant to the purpose of the form.
If you submit content to us, we will ask for your name and email address. Photos you include with your submission, or details in your submission, may personally identify you.
If you request to be notified about comments on any content you submit to us, or request to be notified when others submit content, we will require your first name and your email address.
This site lets you share content with your friends and followers on various social media platforms. Below are links to the privacy policies of each platform:
You can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information and visit our site anonymously. However, it may prevent you from engaging in certain site-related activities.
If we make material changes in the collection of personally identifiable information, we will inform you by placing a notice on our site. We will use personal information received from you for internal purposes only and will not sell it or provide it to third parties.
We also collect each visitor's IP address, which helps us combat spam and fraud. We do not use IP addresses for any other purpose.
contemporary-dance.org contains links to other websites that may be of interest to you. However, once you have used them to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide while visiting such sites. These sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Always exercise caution by reviewing the privacy statement of the website in question before continuing to use it.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you whenever you interact with our site. Non-personally identifiable information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your method of connecting to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider you used, and other similar information.
Children's Privacy Protection
This website is directed to adults. It is not directed to children under the age of 16. We operate our site in compliance with current regulations. Anyone under the age of 16 must provide parental consent to use this site. We do not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 16 years of age.
Release of Information
If we sell contemporary-dance.org, the information we have obtained from you through your voluntary participation in our site may transfer to the new owner as a part of the sale so that the service provided to you may continue. In that event, you will receive notice through our website of that change in control and practices, and we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the purchaser honors any opt-out requests you might make.
Personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information collected by this site is stored on our host's servers. That host is SiteSell Inc., located at 1000 Saint-Jean Boulevard, Suite 702, Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 5P1 Canada.
How You Can Correct or Remove Information
You can also request to edit or delete any of your information from the servers by clicking on this link.
Updates and Effective Date
Agreeing to Terms
Last updated: 25th May 2018
2. You acknowledge that the information on the Website, including but not limited to, any links to Third-Party Websites, is provided solely on an "as is" basis for general information only and that the use of this Website is done at the reader's own risk. Publisher makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Website, including but not limited to, any warranty of completeness, accuracy, reliability, or fitness for any particular purpose; nor does Publisher make any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
3. You agree that you will hold harmless Publisher and its shareholders, officers, directors, and employees from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Website, or the information contained in this Website or any Third-Party Website to which it is linked. This includes, but is not limited to, claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this Website or a Third-Party Website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will Publisher or the contributors of information to this Website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
4. Publisher provides links on the Website to Third-Party Websites which are not under the control of Publisher. As used in this User Agreement, the term "Third-Party Website" means any website which does not contain "contemporary-dance.org" in its World Wide Web address (or URL). Publisher has no control of any kind over the contents or design of these Third-Party Websites. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by Publisher of the organization or individual operating the Third-Party Website. Publisher makes no warranty of any type regarding the information, products, services, opinions, ideas, instructions or materials that may be contained in, or the technical performance of, any Third-party Website.
5. You may provide a hypertext link to this Website on another website, provided: (a) that the link must be a text-only link clearly marked with the keyword of the page it is linking to, (b) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Publisher's name and trademarks, (c) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not create the false appearance that an entity other than the Publisher is associated with or sponsored by the Publisher, (d) the link, when activated by a user, must display this Website full-screen and not with a "frame" on the linked website, and (e) the Publisher reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion by amending this User Agreement. You agree that all other hypertext links to this Website must be approved in writing by Publisher.
6. COPYRIGHT: All the content of this site is protected by copyright under international conventions and reproduction, distribution, republication, permanent storage, and/or retransmission of material contained within this website are prohibited unless the prior written permission of contemporary-dance.org has been obtained.
7. CONTENT SUBMISSIONS: By submitting any type of content, whether graphic or textual, you hereby irrevocably assign to the publisher all right, title, and interest in and to Your Submission and grant the editor (even if you have designated Your Submission as confidential) a perpetual, paid-up royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, freely transferable right and license to (a) use, reproduce, perform, display, and distribute Your Submission in any manner; (b) adapt, modify, re-format, and create derivative works of Your Submission for any purpose; (c) use and publish your name in the form of a credit in conjunction with Your Submission (however, the editor will not have any obligation to do so); and (d) sublicense the foregoing rights to any other person or entity. Additionally, you hereby warrant that: (y) Your Submission is your original work, or you obtained Your Submission in a lawful manner; and (z) our and our sublicenses’ exercise of rights under the license above will not violate any person’s or entity’s rights, including any copyright rights. You agree to provide the publisher such assistance as she/he may require to document, perfect, or maintain her/his rights in and to Your Submission.
8. This Website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by the Publisher which is headquartered in Medellín, Colombia. It can be accessed from all countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Colombia, by accessing this Website both you and Publisher agree that the statutes and laws of Colombia, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this Website. Publisher makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
to Contemporary Dance Home Page
The handy e-book of CONTEMPORARY DANCE HISTORY:
The Dance Thinker is our occasional E-zine. Fill in the form below to receive it for free and join us.
"The Dance Thinker"
Post contemporary dance announcements (workshops, auditions, performances, meetings and important news... it is free.)